Thread: Netopia Firmware, Update?

Netopia Firmware, Update?

Hi,

My ISP is Eircom and I use the Netopia 2247 modem/router they supply. There is a firmware update available and I was wondering if anybody has applied this update or has some advice.
    Are there any problems and what does this update do?

Thanks for any help.

Administrator
    What does it say on the Netopia site?

Smile Netopia upgrades and updates

As Blacknight suggests, I think it would be advantageous to visit the Netopia home site at Netopia - Welcome to Netopia to find information/help etc on upgrades and updates.
    Dickiesam

I have been to the Netopia site already and am none the wiser. Eircom say the model they supply is the Netopia 2247NWG, which on the Netopia site has a firmware upgrade from 7.5.1 r4 to 7.6.0 r4. When I log on to the router homepage the model is listed as 2247-02 with firmware 7.7.0 r3. There is an section in the router with a link to update.

http://www.netopia.ie/support/intl/e...firmwareN.html

This link brings you to a Netopia page with firmware updates for both the 2247NWG and the 2247-02. The update for the 2247-02 is from 7.7.0 r3 to7.7.0 r6 which I think would apply to me. For some reason this link is not working lately and I can't seem to navigate to it on the site.

Any thoughts?

Netopia

Hi,
    It looks like that link to the Irish Netopia/Motorola site no longer works or the site doesn't exist any more. I suggest you go to the main contact site at:
    Ask Netopia
    and ask them your question/s. If they don't know the answer to your query then no-one does!
    Good luck.
    Dickiesam

Thanks for your help dickiesam. :)